The Global Compact Network Egypt was launched in February 2004 by Mansour Group and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Egypt. In 2008, the Egyptian Corporate Responsibility Center (ECRC) became the Contact Point for the Egypt network, with Mansour Group as the official Representative.
In 2015, the Global Compact Network Egypt became an independent entity in the form of a foundation, which provides the network Secretariat and manages the operation of the Local Network.
The Global Compact Local Network Egypt was launched in February2004 by Mansour Group and the United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) in Egypt.
In order to provide continuity, proper governance, and acceptable outcomes for Egypt Network participants, the following are the key elements in the management of the programme:
- Promote, Facilitate and implement the UNGC 10 Principles and Related issue platforms and help our country to achieve the SDGs.
- Raise the awareness for sustainability knowledge and culture.
- Facilitate policy dialogue and drive international practices at the local context.
- Act as a national sustainability Hub for Egypt.
- Act for the capacity building for Local Network Participants and non-participants to leverage responsible and achievable activities and partnership projects to help in the country development and meet with the global trend and expectations.
- Act for policy advocacy and regulatory recommendation.